Tip by Phil – NROO1
On mobile devices you can map the P1/2/3/4 buttons to go to a channel/contact in Zello with Button Mapper. In theory you can map any hardware button to a channel or contact except for buttons that are preoccupied by the Zello app: SOS-button, PPT , … If you still use your dialer, make sure you map the long press key and not the single press key.
- Rename the channels you want to add to 01, 02 and so on …
- Add the buttons in Button Mapper and for every button add the Action: “Broadcast Intent” to single tap (for CH 05 to 08 use long press)
- In the field “action” add “com.dfl.knob” (without the brackets)
- in the field “key:value” add “frequencyNum:XX” where XX is the number of the channel(01, 02…)
- save and try
- Warning: This only works in the donation version!!!
This also works with other numbers, so if you have allready setup different numbering on your account you can also map “03 ZRB to P2” or “16 Mom to P4”
If you want to use the “single press” on the P1, you should config the “long press” on P1 identical to the “short press.” Otherwise it will not work with “short press” We don’t know why but that’s the work around we found 😉